Unicorn HRO offers web-based reporting solution for HR / Benefits / Payroll data of their ICON application. This ICON application and Reporting solution are offered to several customers as a SaaS Model. Since 1982, the fully integrated benefits, payroll and human resources solutions have been helping clients do business with greater efficiency, profitability, insight and synergy.
Headquartered in Florham Park, NJ, Unicorn HRO services the needs of more than 800 domestic and international companies representing over 3 million employees. The company also has offices in Raleigh, NC; Seattle, WA; Houston, TX; and Dallas, TX. The business problem
Data silos, multiple systems, limited reporting/analytics, old technology, no access control. Customer had a Progress based application environment and client/server based reporting system; they needed to move to a web based reporting system that would provide the appropriate row level security and access control in a multi-tenant environment.
Unicorn clients also needed a dashboard, drill-through reports and the ability to design their own reports with a WYSIWYG editor. Unicorn was looking for a data engineering services company they could partner with; LogicMatter was selected for its Agile BI process flexibility and cloud BI team capability.
LogicMatter provides Cognos report development services to Unicorn HRO to improve their Dashboard Metric solution. These metrics are used by Unicorn customers as KPIs to make better strategic decisions using modern technology (cloud, SQLServer), multi-tenant system in the cloud, metadata model, row-level security (fine-grained access control), ad-hoc/standard reporting, web-based reporting and analytics.
Customer selected Cognos and LogicMatter developed the BI system to author reports
- IBM Cognos was selected for its maturity in web based report design, dynamic model and dynamic data source switching capability
- Cognos Transformer is used to develop Cubes to enable drill down/up and slice/dice
- Cognos Framework Manager is used to create model packages to enable OLAP data
- Report Studio is used to create sophisticated reports and charts with complex prompts and filters
- Query Studio is used to create ad hoc queries
- Unified information model
- Increased employee access to key business information for decision making
- Secure data infrastructure
- Advanced reporting/analytics
- Scalable solution
- Lower maintenance costs
- Improved customer ROI
- Support for strategic decisions