Cascade Designs is an American company specializing in outdoor recreation products. It is located in Seattle, Washington, and was founded in 1972 by two former Boeing engineers, who were avid backpackers. Their first product innovation was the self-inflating camping mattress, marketed as Therm-a-Rest. Manufacturer of high-end outdoor gear, they sell to REI, Sport Authority and Big sporting retailers.
Client required a B2B integration Ecosystem to bridge the gap of retrieving Purchase Order (PO) from business partner, manage the mapping, do the transformation and push the reverse document (ACK, ASN, INV) back to the business partner after these documents are processed in their JDE legacy systems
- EDI / Moving Data Between Business Groups - MSR, ThermaRest, Platypus, SealLine
- 20% of Sales take 80% of IT time
- Move data between business silos
- PointMatter – EDI solution delivered the desired result with The ability of PointMatter to connect multiple sources and (S)FTP as well as split the inbound document (Purchase order) and store them into inbound tables based on the metadata.
- A spreadsheet based template to manage the mapping and transformations handling the business logics, lookups and expressions.
- Advance custom sync system to push the data to ERP’s from which the analyst can process the orders.
- The reverse documentation, information are fetched from the ERP’s
- PointMatter with its ability to pull information from non-Ecommerce tables make it more powerful reducing the load on the ERP system; like the split in point 1,
- PointMatter has the ability to combine the information from different tables to arrange a single document that is pushed to business partner.
- Create Sales Dashboard in Tableau currently in Excel
“I think of new uses for this software every day” Barry Paxman, CIO of Cascade Designs